We seek a Fund Controller on our Finance and Accounting team to do the following:
• Complete/review monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and statements for various private equity fund vehicles.
• Oversight of administrator(s) in different jurisdictions to oversee and assign accounting tasks.
• Oversight of G/L operating system: Review and maintain oversight of journal entries and payables via administrator to ensure accurate general ledger reporting.
• Ensure that credit facility schedules are updated and interest expense is calculated appropriately.
• Coordinate with counterparties and internal team members to effectuate FX hedging transactions.
• Work with asset management group with respect to maintenance of fund models with respect to future expenses and investor distributions and investor capital calls.
• Act as a liaison with independent auditors and tax accountants, including the coordination and review of year-end audits, tax returns & k-1’s and interim procedures.
• Assist with quarterly tax estimates and REIT testing.
• Participate in valuation committee meetings.
• Timely completion of fund investor requests including side letter requirements, audit confirmations, tax estimates, etc.
• Review asset management fee calculations and carried interest waterfalls.
• Preparation and review of quarterly budgets and budget memos.
• Ensure compliance with fund legal documents.
• Review payables allocation for all invoices allocated across entities.
• Coordinate/review/disseminate capital call and distribution notices.
• Oversee junior team member(s)
• Special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
• Prior experience with management and oversight of junior staff/interns
• 7 years of experience public/private accounting experience (at a Big 4 preferred), preference of real estate clients
• IFRS accounting standards experience
• Strong academic credentials from a top undergraduate business program, preferably with a major in accounting or finance
• CPA designation
• Advanced Excel skills
• Ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team setting