We seek a Fund Controller on our Finance and Accounting team to do the following:
- Complete/review monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and statements for various private equity fund vehicles.
- Oversight of administrator to conduct accounting tasks.
- Preparation and review of quarterly budgets and budget memos.
- Review asset management fee calculations.
- Review payables allocation for all invoices allocated across entities.
- Ensure that credit facility schedules are updated and interest expense is calculated
- Coordinate with counterparties and internal team members to effectuate FX hedging transactions.
- Oversight of G/L operating system: Review and maintain oversight of journal entries and payables via administrator to ensure accurate general ledger reporting.
- Work with asset management group with respect to maintenance of fund models with respect to future expenses and investor distributions and investor capital calls.
- Act as a liaison with independent auditors and tax accountants, including the coordination and review of year-end audits, tax returns & K-1’s and interim procedures.
- Oversee quarterly tax estimates and REIT testing processes.
- Participate in valuation committee meetings.
- Timely completion of fund investor requests including side letter requirements, audit confirmations, tax estimates, etc.
- Preparation of capital call and distribution notices
- Assistance with special projects, as directed by Head of Fund Accounting and CFO
- Prior experience with management and oversight of junior staff/interns
- 10+ years of experience public/private accounting experience, preference of real estate clients
- Strong academic credentials from a top undergraduate business program, preferably with a major in accounting or finance
- CPA designation
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team setting