Madison International Realty is a leading liquidity provider to real estate investors worldwide. Madison provides equity capital for real estate owners and investors seeking to monetize embedded equity, to replace capital partners seeking an exit and to recapitalize balance sheets. The firm provides equity for recapitalizations, partner buyouts and capital infusions; and acquires joint venture, limited partner and co-investment interests as principals. Madison invests in secondary transactions and focuses on existing properties and portfolios in the U.S., U.K., and Europe. Madison has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Luxembourg, Amsterdam and Frankfurt, where the firm operates under the name of Madison International Realty GmbH.
Madison seeks to expand our Corporate Finance and Accounting team by hiring a Treasury Associate. This individual will manage all aspects of invoice processing, expense allocation, and expense reimbursement for Madison’s management company and real estate private equity funds.
Responsibilities for our Treasury Associate include:
- Managing invoice payment process from start to finish, including invoice intake, invoice approval by department heads, expense allocation, finance approvals, and vendor payment.
- Serving as lead billing contact for Madison’s vendors, including timely response to vendor inquiries for payment, invoice reconciliation,1099 reporting, payment instruction verification, etc.
- Allocating invoiced expenses across multiple Madison entities in accordance with internal expense allocation guidelines.
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly expense allocation guidelines.
- Writing and documenting expense allocation memos, as required by corporate policy.
- Coordinating timely and accurate expense reimbursements between management company and real estate private equity funds.
- Developing and delivering reporting packages to finance and accounting team.
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as directed.
Qualifications for our Treasury Associate include:
The ideal candidate for this role will be an experienced financial professional with:
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis in an institutional setting;
- Highest level of professionalism and discretion in handling sensitive material;
- Willingness to take on administrative tasks from time-to-time;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Available to work overtime, as needed; and
- Possess outstanding organizational skills and the ability to function well in a fast-paced environment.