Data Protection Notice
This data protection notice applies to data processing on the web pages under www.madisonint.com for data subjects from member states of the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA) by:
Madison International Realty
410 Park Avenue, Floor 10, New York, NY 10022, USA
Tel.: +1 (212) 688 8777
Fax: +1 (212) 688 8774
represented in the EU and the EEA within the meaning of Art. 27 GDPR by:
Madison International Realty GmbH
Taunusanlage 11, 60329 Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
Tel.: +49 (0) 69 25 66 971 0
Fax: +49 (0) 69 25 66 971 11
Table of Contents
Data Protection Notice 1
Collection and retention of personal data and type and purpose of use 1
When visiting the website 1
When contacting us 2
Transfer of data 2
Analysis Tools 3
Rights of data subjects 3
Data security 4
Date and amendment of this data protection notice 4
Collection and retention of personal data and type and purpose of use
When visiting the website
When you visit our website www.madisonint.com, information is automatically sent to our website server by the browser you are using on your device. This information is temporarily retained in a log file. The information listed below is automatically collected and retained until it is automatically deleted, generally after one week:
• IP address of the requesting computer,
• Date and time of access,
• Name and URL of the file opened,
• Website from which you accessed our website (referrer URL),
• Browser used and optionally your computer’s operating system as well as the name of your access provider.
We process the data listed above for the following purposes:
• to guarantee the establishment of a smooth connection to the website,
• to guarantee easy use of our website,
• to evaluate system security and stability,
• to investigate any suspicious or unauthorized access attempts (DoS/DDoS attacks, among others) and
• for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for processing the data is Art. 6, para. 1, sent. 1, letter f of the GDPR. Our justified interest is consistent with the purposes listed above for which we collect the data. As a rule we do not use the data we collect to identify you. However, we reserve the right to do so in the event it becomes necessary to investigate unauthorized access to or misuse of our site.
When contacting us
If you have questions of any type, we offer you the opportunity to contact us by telephone and/or via e-mail. For this purpose, we have provided contact information on our website for our office in New York, USA, as well as for the offices of our subsidiaries in Germany and in the United Kingdom.
If you have questions of any type, we also offer you the opportunity to contact us via a contact form provided on the website. Submission of this form requires a valid e-mail address so that we know who sent the inquiry and so that we can respond to it.
You can also provide us with additional information so that we can more easily route and respond to your inquiry. If you indicate your name or telephone number we can contact you personally or by telephone to respond to any questions you may have.
Inquiries received via the contact form are automatically routed to our office in New York, USA, and initially handled there. If your inquiry relates to our subsidiary companies’ offices in Germany or the United Kingdom, we will forward your request to the respective company, namely Madison International Realty GmbH, Taunusanlage 11, 60329 Frankfurt am Main, Germany (see above for detailed information), or Madison International Realty UK, Ltd., 53/54 Grosvenor Street, London W1K 3HU, United Kingdom. Conversely, our subsidiary companies will also forward inquiries that are received there by e-mail or telephone to the appropriate company in our group.
Data provided for purposes of contacting us is processed in accordance with Art. 6, para. 1, sent. 1, letter a of the GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily given consent or for (pre-) contractual inquiries on the basis of Article 6, para. 1, letter b, GDPR. We have a justified interest in the forwarding of your inquiry to the respective company within our group as a result of the organization of our group and such a transfer also contributes to optimal handling of your inquiry (Article 6, para. 1, letter f, GDPR).
We will delete the data we collect and process in the framework of your contact with us after your inquiry has been handled or after the expiration of the legal retention periods (for example, if you send us a pre-contractual message via the contact form and we then establish a contractual relationship or if your message relates to existing contractual relationships).
Transfer of data
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We transfer your personal data that we have collected via this website to third parties only if:
• you have given your express consent for such a transfer in accordance with Article 6, para. 1, sent. 1, letter a GDPR,
• the transfer is necessary in accordance with Article 6, para. 1, sent. 1, letter f GDPR for the establishment, exercise or defense of claims under the law and there is no reason to assume that you have a justified overriding interest in not allowing your data to be transferred.
• if we are legally obligated to transfer the data in accordance with Art. 6, para. 1, sent. 1, letter c GDPR, and
• the transfer is permitted by law and in accordance with Art. 6, para. 1, sent. 1, letter b GDPR for the handling of contractual relationships with you.
To optimize the user-friendliness of our site, we also use temporary cookies that are retained on your device for a specified period of time. If you visit our site again to use our services, the site automatically knows that you have visited us before and what data and settings you have entered so you do not have to enter them again.
We process the data collected in the form of cookies on the basis of our justified interests, if the cookies are used only to optimize your visit to our site (Art. 6, para. 1, letter f GDPR).
You can also configure your browser so that cookies are not (or no longer) saved on your computer, or so that a notice always appears before a new cookie is saved. However, if you deactivate all cookies you may not be able to use all the functions of our website.
Although our website allows the use of analysis tools, we currently do not use any analysis tools on our website.
Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
• under Art. 15 GDPR to request information concerning your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information on the purpose of the processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned length of time the data will be retained, your right to the correction, erasure, restriction of processing, your right to contest, your right to file a complaint, the origin of your data if it was not originally collected by us, and the potential existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if so, reliable information on the details of such processes;
• under Art. 16 GDPR to demand the immediate correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data retained by us;
• under Art. 17 GDPR to demand the erasure of your personal data retained by us, unless the processing of this data is necessary to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information that is required to comply with legal requirements for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
• under Art. 18 GDPR to demand the restriction of processing of your personal data if you contest its accuracy, the processing is unlawful, the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and we no longer need the data, although you require it for the establishment, exercise of defense of legal claims, or you have contested its processing under Art. 21 GDPR.
• under Art. 20 GDPR to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, standard and machine-readable format or to demand its transfer to another authorized person;
• under Art. 7, para. 3, to retract your previously given consent at any time. If you do, we will no longer be able to continue any data processing that was based on this consent,
• if your personal data is processed on the basis of justified interests in accordance with Art. 6, para. 1, sentence 1, letter f GDPR, under Art. 21 GDPR you can contest the processing of your personal data if grounds exist that are related to your particular situation or your objection is directed toward direct marketing. In the latter case you have a general right to contest processing of your personal data by us without having to describe your particular situation.
You also have a general right to file a complaint with the data protection oversight agency having jurisdiction for you.
To exercise your right to retract your consent or to contest the processing of your personal information, just sent an e-mail to email@example.com.
During your website visit, we use common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption together with the highest encryption level that is currently supported by your browser. This is generally 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will instead use 128-bit v3 technology. You can determine whether an individual page of our Internet site is transmitted in encrypted form by looking for the locked display of the lock or key symbol in the bottom status line of your browser.
We also use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data from accidental or malicious tampering, partial or total loss, destruction and unauthorized third-party access. Our security measures are continuously updated as the technology evolves.
Date and amendment of this data protection notice
This data protection notice is valid as of May 2018. As a result of the evolution of our website and offerings on it, or as a result of modified legal or official requirements, it may occasionally be necessary to amend this data protection notice. You can at any time consult and print out the current data protection notice on the website.